Thursday 5 April 2012

First Post! What I'v made so far this April

Birthday Cake for my cousins.



Was asked to make my two little cousins a birthday cake. Katie-Mae was turning 4 and J.D was turning 3, as their birthdays are only a couple of days apart they have a joint birthday. Came up with this idea only the night before so ended up staying up till after 4am to make it. Can't complain I did really have fun making all the flowers and cars. It was made of chocolate sponge and vanilla butter cream. I think it turned out pretty well from something thought up last minute.

Colourful flower and butterfly cake.



I have been waiting for ages to try this. I took a while to cut out all the flowers and mix the colours and as I didn't have a leaf cutter I had to make them myself. That took a while to get right. I covered the cake in white fondant after the butter cream and then cover in the flowers and butterfly's using royal icing. I also covered the cake board in fondant cutout leaves.

The inside of the cake.



I wanted the inside to be as colourful as the outside so split the sponge in into five or six and mixed in different colours. I used three sandwich tins that I kind of randomly poured the different colours into. I put them together with a layer of vanilla butter cream between each layer of sponge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment