Thursday 10 May 2012

Orange Cupcakes with Chocolate Icing

The cupcakes

Mini and Large cupcakes displayed on my record cupcake stand that I made a little while ago. I made these using my regular recipe but adding an orange flavour instead of vanilla. I added about 4 tablespoons of Cointreau to get the orange flavour but it depends how strong a flavour that is liked. For the icing I used melted chocolate, unsalted butter and icing sugar. I used a recipe that I recently came across for this icing but did not like the consistency so I added some more icing sugar to it until it was how I wanted it. I also added some cocoa powder to give it a better chocolate taste ( next time I will use better quality chocolate.) I decorated them with orange chocolate discs and gold glitter.

What I used for the Orange Flavour.

The Mini Cupcakes.

The Larger Cupcakes.

All packed up in a box to be given away.


No comments:

Post a Comment