Sunday 22 September 2013

Debs Cake and 30th


Debs Cake.
This is the cake that I made for a debs recently. I really enjoyed making it mainly because I finally got to try out some new techniques. I used a stencil on the top of the cake which I got with a cake decorating magazine ages ago but hadn't had a chance to use. I used purple/pink royal icing and was very happy how it turned out, I was expecting it to be a mess or to thin or thick. That is why I used a separate piece of sugar paste and then placed on the cake. I also used a new rose petal silicone mold for making the rose petals. I was very happy with the roses and will definitely use it again ... alot. The cake was chocolate biscuit which I get asked to make alot and I love to make it's very simple to make when you know how and no oven is needed just a fridge to set it in and a hob to met the chocolate and butter. The best part of making a chocolate biscuit cake is the gorgeous smell of chocolate in the house ...yuuummm.




This cake was for a 30th Birthday for a really big Chelsea fan. I was asked to make a cake which included something to do with Chelsea and photos of her kids. I had the Chelsea logo printed onto an icing sheet and cut around the yellow circle. I also had the photos printed onto icing sheets. I used my new pearl silicone mold making this cake and was impressed how well it make the cake look. I added little white leaves and red roses to the bottom left of the cake to give it a girly feel and to keep the blue, red and white theme of the cake. This cake was made as a surprise and I have since been told that it made the birthday girl cry!! she was so happy to have a cake with her favorite team and her children on it. I think that has to be the best thing I have ever been told about a cake. It's amazing to be told that someone loved the cake you made for them so much that they cried and I am so happy that it was enjoyed so much.

You can find me on twitter here    TWEET TWEET ♥   and on Pinterest here  PIN PIN 





No comments:

Post a Comment